Outdoor Learning and Educational Visits
We are lucky to have fantastic grounds at our school, which provide a great 'outside classroom' for all our children.
In addition to using the grounds, we like children to have regular opportunities to take their learning further afield:
- All classes go on regular school trips, linked to the term's theme. These include walks in the village, walking tours of Shepton Mallet, not to mention visits to our local quarries and the recycling centre at Carymoor.
- Reception Class experience daily forest school and welly walks on site.
- Children in Year 1 and 2 enjoy regular opportunities to learn outside within our school grounds and in the woodland and glebe land close by.
- Children in Years Three to Six visit Beacon Hill Wood twice a year for Outdoor Learning Days.
- Year Five children go on a Residential trip in Spring which has an Outdoors Activity focus (usually Kilve Court).
- Year Six children camp near Swanage in Dorset in the summer term as a culmination and celebration of their time at St Aldhelm's. The focus of the experience is to take part in adventurous challenge and team-building activities.